font-family: 'Engagement', cursive;

Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fall is Coming!

Have you noticed a change in the light, especially in the morning and the late afternoon?  Does the sun seem a little more forgiving?  Here in Oregon, fall is most certainly on the way.  Some would say we haven't had much of a summer.  That may be true, I haven't seen one of those little pictures of the sun, looking angry and wearing sunglasses, in the newspaper once this year, and that's fine by me.
For me, as soon as the 4th of July is over, I am ready to move into fall.  Call me a wimp, but I am one for indoor pursuits, cool weather and sweaters.  I love gardening in the spring and early summer.  I enjoy reading in the park.  I like lemonade and watermelon and picnics.  But, I detest the heat.  It's easy to get warm, it's more difficult to cool off.

So, in celebration of autumn and all it's glories, we are going to stat turning to more cool weather topics on Dapper and Dreamy.  Who doesn't love the smells and sights of this time of year?  Spicily scented candles are about to burn, leaves are soon to provide a colorful show and we can contemplate the holidays with abandon.

As for now...  We are going to go and buy the biggest chrysanthemum we can find!  But, before we go...  Someone on YouTube has put together this lovely little film with the even lovelier Doris Day singing, "Autumn Leaves".  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment