font-family: 'Engagement', cursive;

Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Here's Where the Magic Happens

Dapper and Dreamy takes a lot of time and hard work.  That's why it's so important to have a space that I enjoy spending time in.

Our old farmhouse has a wonderful corner room that meets my needs perfectly.  I like small rooms, and I like lots of light!  So, this corner space fits the bill.

Oddly shaped and tiny, it takes some careful thought in arranging and, maybe even more challenging, just getting all of the furniture into the room!

Enjoy!

My desk and c. 1920's map of London.

My reading corner...  it's always Christmas in my studio!
The needlepoint picture of the White House and another
commemorating the Queen's 2002 Golden Jubilee were
gifts from Melissa.

Books!  These are just a few of my books dealing with the White House, presidents and first ladies.

I love the vintage map of California given to me by my son, Jack.  I also frequently
read and reread these books by John Steinbeck!  The needlepoint picture of
St. Edward's Crown was one I designed a few years ago.

That Santa wreath is one of my favorite things.  A gift from my daughter, Victoria,
who shares my love of all things "vintage Christmas"!  We've never met a
Shiny Brite ornament we didn't like!

More books and record covers from all sorts of old LPs that I love.  They're fun
to listen to, but it's a shame to miss the great cover art!

Family photos and a Carl Larsson print decorate the top of another bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment