font-family: 'Engagement', cursive;

Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

New Dapper and Dreamy Art

Although I haven't posted for some time, that doesn't mean that I haven't been designing!  I've been hard at work on a series of Christmas ornaments for a private museum.  Now that I'm wrapping up that project, I've had the chance to expand my series of White House windows...  Here, for your viewing enjoyment, are two illustrations depicting the curtains in the State Dining Room which hung starting in the Johnson Administration until they were replaced in the Reagan years.  The white damask drapes with a pinkish red trim were originally approved by Jacqueline Kennedy and were set to enter the White House sometime in 1964.  With the early end to the Kennedy years, it was actually Mrs. Lyndon B. Johnson who made the final decision on window treatments for this room and the more traditional yellow and gold draperies were hung.

Enjoy!

Proposed curtains for the White House State Dining Room
Kennedy Administration

Actual curtains for the White House State Dining Room
Johnson Administration

No comments:

Post a Comment